3 CBD Recipes You’ll Love!
Have you decided to bring CBD recipes into your life? Perhaps you have been using CBD tinctures under your tongue daily, yet you’d like to find other ways you can enjoy your CBD oil as well. You are in luck! There are multiple ways to use CBD oil other than just dropping it under your tongue. Let’s check out more!
CBD Recipes to Cook Delicious Meals
Do you love cooking delicious, healthy recipes for your loved ones? These three CBD recipes may be a good fit for you. We have included a “main course” meal, a delicious CBD drink, and a snack to keep you going throughout the day. It’s totally up to you how much CBD you’d like to add to each recipe. First, let’s take a look at what CBD is and why you might want to cook with it.
What is CBD?
Cannabidiol, otherwise known as CBD, is a dietary supplement that has many unique uses. Hemp comes from the Cannabis sativa plant, usually a hemp plant. CBD is a Phytocannabinoid, which means that it is one of the active compounds found in cannabis plants. All cannabinoids have the ability to interact with the human body on so many levels.
What is the Endocannabinoid System?
We have a biological system called the Endocannabinoid system (ECS), which works to regulate many parts of our bodies main functions. However, you might think of the ECS like a messaging system. This message system can allow our body to go into a state of balance and equilibrium. The ECS works as a network of signaling molecules called Endocannabinoids. Therefore, this is very similar to the compounds found in cannabis (except that we produce them in our body). When we ingest hemp CBD, it stimulates the creation of Endocannabinoids, leading to a better ECS and a healthier body.
So, is CBD Safe?
Yes, CBD is safe to take, according to the World Health Organization. Hemp has been shown to be non-addictive and will not get you high. In addition, hemp CBD dose not have any risks for side effects. Therefore, many people love taking hemp CBD to improve their overall health to live a happier life.
Cooking with CBD
The most popular methods to use CBD are with tinctures, capsules, and even topical creams/salves. It’s completely up to you which way you just to take hemp CBD. However, tinctures are are one of the most popular and offer longer effects within the body. In addition, unflavored CBD oils have a fairly strong ‘hemp’ taste, which can be pretty earthy and strong tasting for some users. However, it does not mean you should not use the natural hemp CBD tincture.
So, even if you don’t like the taste, you can use any CBD oil to cook with. If you love cooking, then cooking with CBD recipes is a fun option for you. By making quick, simple and healthy recipes you can make sure you’re getting a great dosage of CBD daily. This way you can easily make sure you are taking CBD each day. In addition, this could be a good way to introduce CBD into your family’s lives. Therefore, now that you know you can cook with CBD, let’s dive into the delicious CBD recipes.
3-Quick and Delicious CBD Recipes That The Entire Family Can Enjoy
1. Simple Vegan Pumpkin Soup
This is a simple, yet delicious soup for the entire family. It will keep for a 2-3 days in the fridge, so you can take leftovers to work or school in a thermos.
- 1 T coconut aminos
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp nut meg
- 2 sugar pumpkins (or 3 cans of pumpkin puree)
- 1 1/2 cups veggie stock
- 1 can coconut cream
- Saute the onions and garlic with the coconut aminos for a few minutes.
- Add to a blender with the rest of ingredients.Take out half of the ingredients out of the blender if it gets too full.
- Blend until smooth and then transfer to a pot.
- Cook until warm.
- Top with pumpkin seeds, coconut sugar and/or avocado. Enjoy with some gluten free crackers or bread.
2. Plant-Based Pumpkin Muffins
These yummy muffins are just a great size and a ‘guilt-free’ dessert or snack to indulge in!
- 1 cup oat milk
- 1 T Coconut vinegar
- 1 cup pumpkin purée or cooked sweet potato
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or raw coconut sugar
- 3 T coconut oil or use coconut nectar
- 1 1/4 cup organic corn meal
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger & nut meg
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Add the vinegar to the milk and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Mix together the pumpkin puree, maple syrup. and oil or coconut nectar together in a large bowl.
- In a separate medium bowl. whisk together the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and salt. Add the milk and stir until just combined.
- Fill muffins tins.Makes around 12 muffins.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Enjoy with family and friends.
3. Energizing Green Holiday CBD Latte
Try this easy CBD drink! Today, CBD lattes are a big hit! Some people are even trying these dairy-free lattes over coffee, which do not contain caffeine. So much better for our livers! Plus, it tastes so yummy, too.
- 1 cup plant based milk
- 1 tablespoon spirulina powder
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/2-1 dropper full of CBD oil
- Flavorings of choice
- Combine all the ingredients apart from the CBD oil in a small pot.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat, whisking to break up any clumps. When it begins to simmer, remove from the heat and stir in the CBD.
- Pour into a mug or over ice and serve immediately.
For more CBD recipes, check out the Aloha Family Health CBD Holiday Recipe Ebook
See CBD resources and education here at Project CBD.