CBD oil has been the biggest boom of 2019 in the health industry. Many people have been inspired to use CBD oil for their daily health maintenance.
Are you new to using CBD tinctures and are unsure where to begin? This is the right place to begin with the ultimate guide to answer all your CBD questions. But, if you don’t see an answer to your question, don’t be afraid to ask in the comments below or contact Aloha Hemp.
The CBD industry is constantly changing with the latest research, new technology, and studies. Therefore, all this information flooding online and in the community could be overwhelming. Let’s first start with the basics below.
- What is a Tincture?
A tincture is an extraction made from plants. This extraction removes the most valuable compound(s) into a stronger formulation. Tinctures require a carrier to transport and “carry” the extracted compound. Plant-based oil is the most common. Tinctures are typically used for oral treatments. Most importantly, the tinctures are found within health food supplements in the alternative medicine aisle of a store or online.
What is a CBD Tincture?
CBD is one of nearly 80 known phytocannabinoids found within the cannabis sativa plant. CBD has been booming around the world because of its powerful medicinal properties it provides for health benefits. In addition, CBD does not provide the psychoactive symptoms triggered by THC.
CBD tinctures are one of the most popular and safest ways to take CBD internally on a daily basis.
There are currently three different extraction methods used within the industry, and needless to say some are better than others.
- The first, and most rudimentary method is through a cold press, which essentially grinds the seeds to produce a hemp oil that is relatively mild in terms of its CBD content.
- The next step up is extraction through either ethanol or olive oil. This method ensures a healthy cannabinoid content, however ethanol contains chlorophyll which tends to taste rather strong. Olive oil is a better tasting alternative but cannot be concentrated.
- One of the most popular options, but also one of the most expensive, is through a complex process called supercritical CO2 extraction. This produces a clean, concentrated final produce with a full spectrum of cannabinoids.
- Another great way is through a rawslin press. This press only uses dried hemp and no other fillers to go about the process. This is by far one of the most potent, clean and This is considered one of the best options currently available, for maximum benefit
Why are CBD Tinctures Popular?
CBD has grown in popularity very quickly. This is partially due to the fact that CBD is safe to use for almost anyone, including children, working professionals, seniors and even your family pet. It’s so safe to use because it doesn’t cause the sensation of being high, which is often associated with the other popular compound, THC. In addition, CBD has basically no serious side effects, and studies have shown it is virtually impossible to overdose on it. The primary reported side effect is the way it triggers a sensation of calm and relaxation.
One more reason why it is suddenly so popular, is due to the medical marijuana industry. This may be because marijuana is now legal nationwide (as well as in many, many, other countries). CBD is processed from industrial hemp, which is legal to grow, sell, and consume in America. This circumvents the labeling as marijuana, a Schedule I illicit drug at the federal level.
A Step-by-Step Guide
- First things first, not all CBD brands are created equal. Some brands have different extraction methods and different strengths. Alot of brands have fillers in the tinctures, which may not be the best for our body to consume. Before choosing a brand to trust, do some research ahead of time.
- A good rule of thumb when starting out taking CBD, is to start low, and slowly increase until the desired results are met.
- CBD does have a shelf life of about 2 years. Always ensure to follow the proper storage instructions and look for brands that are sold in dark glass dropper bottles, which will ensure prolong the lifespan.
- When the CBD tincture sits overtime, it will most likely settle to the bottom (depending on what extraction method was used). Before use, shake well to ensure the cannabinoids are thoroughly mixed.
- Squeeze the pipette, and allow it to fill with the appropriate dose. If the doses are not exact each and every time, it will not cause any harmful side effects. Make sure to listen to your body. You may need to decrease or increase depending on your body.
- Squeeze the liquid into your mouth. Depending on the brand, the taste can be a bit much for some people, but in order to receive the full benefit from the tincture it’s important to hold under your tongue for at least 30-60 seconds. Look for a brand that has high quality organic flavored CBD tinctures, if you do not like the natural taste. Swallow any excess oil.
- Repeat as needed throughout the day.
For any first-time users, the results can vary when you begin. It’s important to start small, gradually increase as needed, and most importantly be patient as you find your exact personal dose that works for your body. Depending on strength, body type, and symptoms being treated, the dosage guidelines tend to fluctuate between different people. Pay close attention to any change in your own symptoms to better guide you towards finding a your dose.
- Hapuna Mint CBD Oil 500mg $69.00 — or subscribe and get 20% off
- Hawaiian Sunrise CBD Oil 500mg $69.00 — or subscribe and get 20% off
- Vanilla Wave CBD Oil 500mg $69.00 — or subscribe and get 20% off
- Hawaiian Luau Pet CBD Oil 250mg From: $39.97 — or subscribe and get 20% off
- Citrus Breeze CBD Oil 500mg $69.00 — or subscribe and get 20% off
To-Go Bottle (3.6 ml)